This treatment restores energy to tired feet, soothes pain in the feet and calves, and provides excellent relaxation. Reflexology is a holistic therapy – the SPA therapist, by applying pressure to energy points on the feet and calves, affects the entire body. Reflexology therapy stimulates the metabolism and detoxification processes, additionally providing support for weight-loss programs. The therapy regulates sleep rhythms, alleviating insomnia. It reduces muscle and joint pain, while also soothing stomach pains. It regulates the hormonal system, providing relief for menstrual pains and the symptoms of menopause. It regenerates the entire body and naturally activates the body’s own self-healing mechanisms. Foot reflexology is a massage which stimulates reflex points and zones on the feet which are associated with individual organs and systems in the human body, following the principles of acupressure. It also provides a shot of energy and increased vitality. Warsaw can boast just one unique place, Studio Sante, where foot reflexology is practised by specialised Balinese massage therapists accompanied by soothing music.
- relaxes tired feet
- soothes foot and calf pain
- reduces stress and provides relaxation
- creates a blissful feeling
- stimulates the metabolism and detoxification processes
- stimulates the body’s regeneration mechanisms
- soothes rheumatic and arthritic pain
- reduces disturbances caused by menstruation and menopause
- relieves constipation, flatulence, and indigestion
- quickly soothes stress and emotional tension
- boosts energy and vitality
- regulates sleep rhythms
- improves blood flow
- supports the immune system
- improves memory and concentration
What is foot reflexology?
Reflexology is a massage method in which the therapist applies delicate pressure to stimulate selected points on the feet. It is a method used in acupressure. Energy points on the feet are associated with internal organs, systems, and glands, which is why stimulation of these points on the feet results in effects throughout the body. Reflexology frees blocked energy channels, activating proper energy flow and stimulating the body to regeneration. It provides relaxation for the body as well as for the mind.
How to prepare for a foot reflexology session?
Before making an appointment with a foot reflexology specialist, it’s well worth it to appropriately prepare your feet. Primarily, this means removing excess layers of dead skin, which is best done by softening the skin and removing the excess with a pumice scraper. This preparation will increase the effectiveness of the treatment. Those who have problems with foot skin should not be embarrassed, as the state of the skin on the foot often reflects irregularities in the body in general. By assessing the state of the foot, the reflexologist can suggest an appropriate treatment.
- tress and fatigue
- back pain
- muscle pain
- tired feet
- swollen feet
- swollen legs
- pre-menstrual tension
- problems with digestion
- fresh wounds of the feet
- fungal infection or other changes in the skin of the feet
- recent traumatic injury to the feet (broken bones, sprains, joint injury)
- acute venous disorders (inflammation of the veins, inflammatory states, thrombosis)
- recent operation (1-6 weeks)
- patients who are awaiting or have recently undergone organ transplant
- high-risk pregnancy
- varicose veins and thrombosis (if the patient is under a doctor’s care and receiving medication, the treatment may be performed)
- first trimester of pregnancy
- diabetes (blood sugar levels should be monitored, as hyperglycaemia can change to hypoglycaemia)
- gout (podagra) – painful areas should be avoided
- mental disturbances
Please arrive to your initial appointment at least 10 minutes early.
Therapists FOOT REFLEXOLOGY - Studio Sante Warszawa
Luh Putu Rina Sari Dewi
Certified massage therapist