Reflexology makes the skin of the hands firmer and more elastic, while helping to reduce cold sensations. It soothes pain in the hands and wrists. But reflexology is not just relief for tired hands! The therapist, by applying pressure to energy points on the hands, stimulates healing processes throughout the body. Reflexology provides relaxation and regeneration for the entire body. It reduces headaches and helps prevent migraine. It improves feelings of wellbeing and induces a sensation of bliss. It stimulates the metabolism and detoxification processes. The therapy regulates sleep rhythms, alleviating insomnia. It also helps reduce pains associated with feminine issues. Warsaw can boast just one unique place, Studio Sante, where hand reflexology is practised by specialised Balinese massage therapists accompanied by soothing music.
- relaxes tired hands
- smoothes, firms, and leaves the skin more elastic
- reduces sensations of cold hands
- reduces stress and provides relaxation
- creates a blissful feeling
- reduces headaches and helps prevent migraine
- reduces back and shoulder pain
- stimulates the metabolism and detoxification processes
- soothes pain (including menstrual cramps)
- boosts energy and vitality
- improves sleep quality
- improves blood flow
- improves memory and concentration
- activates the body’s own self-healing mechanisms
What is hand reflexology?
Reflexology is a massage method in which the therapist applies delicate pressure to stimulate selected points on the hands. Energy points on the hands are associated with internal organs, systems, and glands, which is why stimulation of these points on the hands results in effects throughout the body. Hand reflexology therapy unblocks the flow of chi energy through the body, which restores the body’s natural ability to heal and regenerate itself. It provides relaxation, improving mood and state of mind.
What is a treatment like?
The therapist begins the treatment by loosening the hands. By applying circular or point pressure mainly with the thumb, the therapist massages every centimetre of the skin of the hands, especially the palms. This pressure on a given reflex point sends a whole series of impulses to the central nervous system.
Stimulation of these centres also causes expansion of blood vessels in the organ associated with the reflex point in improves blood flow. This increases the amount of oxygen in these areas, and as a result metabolism is accelerated, flushing out toxins and supplying larger amounts of antibodies to protect our general health. By squeezing the fingers, we affect the head; by massaging the centre of the hand, we affect the liver or stomach.
Hand reflexology – indications
- hand pain
- stiffness of the hands
- stomach problems
- stress and irritability
- problems with sleep
- painful menstruation
- pre-menstrual tension
- fresh wounds of the hands
- fungal infection
- recent traumatic injury to the hands
- recent operation (1-6 weeks)
- patients who are awaiting or have recently undergone organ transplant
- high-risk pregnancy
- first trimester of pregnancy
- diabetes (blood sugar levels should be monitored, as hyperglycaemia can change to hypoglycaemia)
- gout (podagra) – painful areas should be avoided
- mental disturbances
Please arrive to your initial appointment at least 10 minutes early.
Therapists HAND REFLEXOLOGY - Studio Sante Warszawa
Luh Putu Rina Sari Dewi
Certified massage therapist